As some of you will know, we have been growing a global community of local XPRIZE groups called XPRIZE Think Tanks all over the world. Currently we have Think Tanks in places such as San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo, Nairobi, Auckland, London, Dresden, Phoenix, Madrid, and elsewhere.
These groups are community-led and community-driven and get together to share information about technology and our grand challenges (e.g. provide talks), collaborate (e.g. group activities and brainstorming), and network (meeting a diverse range of people).
Anyone can apply for and create an XPRIZE Think Tank and they are proving to be an important way to grow our global community.
XPRIZE Think Tank Bangalore
XPRIZE Think Tank Shanghai
XPRIZE Think Tank New York
XPRIZE Think Tank San Francisco
We Need You!
We currently have 18 XPRIZE Think Tanks around the world, but we want to grow this out. This is where you come in!
Anyone can apply to organize an XPRIZE Think Tank. It requires the following:
- Coordinate and arrange local meetings where people can share ideas, brainstorm, and network.
- Encourage people to join and participate in the group
- Encourage discussion in-between events to keep the discussion and collaboration moving.
There are some great benefits to creating a group:
- A great way to meet other exponential thinkers and entrepreneurs, developers, scientists etc near you.
- A notable contribution to the XPRIZE community, that speaks well for future employers and future opportunities.
- A great way to learn more about technology, grand challenges, and debate and discuss new ideas and perspectives.
Creating a Think Tank
If you would be interested in creating a group, simply follow these steps:
- Go to http://community.xprize.org/thinktanks/join and see if there is a Think Tank in your town/city.
- If there isn't an Think Tank near you, follow the instructions to create a group on http://community.xprize.org/thinktanks/create - it simple to do!
I look forward to seeing more XPRIZE Think Tanks being formed!