I just wanted to provide a quick update on some things going on as I work to get the underlying chunks of our community in place.
I have spent much of the last week or so mapping our what resources I think we are going to need for our community as we move forward. This will be things such as collaborative documentation resources, tools for managing our Think Tanks community, and more.
This is resulting in an overall spec for an XPRIZE Community website that I am building that will provide things such as:
- A place to put our overall mission statement and excite people about joining the community.
- Information about different XPRIZE Community projects (e.g. XPRIZE Think Tanks and our XPRIZE Innovation Community I am designing).
- A wiki where we can collaborate around documentation, ideas, proposals, specifications, and more.
- A system for creating, joining, and listing Think Tanks, complete with event management and hopefully team discussion too.
- A better Hangout experience for our regular community hangouts.
- Integrating this forum and setting up a real-time chat channel.
Now, to be clear, none of this is final and is still in development, but I am confident much of this will be landing early next year.
In addition to this I have been liaising with some folks who are getting their Think Tanks set up. If you are working on setting up a Think Tank, be sure to email me at
email@example.com with the date/time of your first meeting, and I will add it to our Meeting Calendar.
So, if you don't hear from me, rest assured, there is lots going on to get our community bootstrapped. This platform will be where we will work together to make our future an awesome place to be.
Thanks, everyone, for your continued support, encouragement, and passion!